Warrior boys score well in triangular track meet held Friday in Caledonia
By Charlie Warner
Argus News Editor
The Caledonia/Spring Grove boys track team hosted a triangular meet with La Crescent and Rushford-Peterson/Houston last Friday. While no team scores were recorded, the Warrior boys picked up six firsts and three second place finishes.
The following are the top five place finishers in each event for the Warriors:
• 100 meters- Connor McCormick- first place (13.12).
• 200 meters- McCormick- second place (26.25), Sean Kearney- second (26.97), Case McCormick- fourth place (27.38) and Alex Goetzinger- fifth place (27.63).
• 400 meters- Kearney- third place (1:00.26) and Nick McGraw- fourth place (1:01.28).
• 1600 meters- Jessie Mauss- fifth place (6:19.03).
• 110 meter hurdles- Ben Pieper- third place (24.14).
• 300 meter hurdles- Pieper- fifth place (54.78).
• 4 by 100 meter relay- CSG- first place (45.20).
• 4 by 400 meter relay- CSG- first place (3:51.53).
• High Jump- West Spier- first place (5-08), Alex Goetzinger- fourth place (4-10).
• Long jump- Spier- second place (17-09.75) and Mitchell Anderson- third place (15-11).
• Triple jump- Spier- first place (36-05.50).
• Shot put- Bryan Barthel- second place (36-08.75), Cornelius Dunningen- third place (36-06.50) and Mason Ashbacher- fifth place (32-09.25).
• Discus throw- Dunningen- first place (113-09) and Ashbacher- fourth place (88-00).
You can contact Charlie Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org