By Charlie Warner
The Caledonia/Spring Grove boys track team placed seventh at the sub-section meet held May 24 in La Crescent and advanced five Warriors to the section meet.
Only the top three individuals or relay teams advance to the section meet, unless qualifying times or distances are met. The section meet was held May 29 and 31 at Paul Giel Field in Winona.
Senior Adam Drenckhahn picked up first place finishes in the 100 meters with a time of 11.22, in the 200 meters with a time of 22.82 and was a member of the winning 4 by 200 relay team.
Freshman Aric Elmore will be competing in three events. He placed first in the 400 meters with a time of 54.99, second in the 200 meters with a time of 23.56 and was a member of the winning 4 by 200 relay team.
Sophomore Ryan Pitts advanced in two events. He placed second in the 100 meters with a time of 11.39 and was a member of the winning 4 by 200 relay team.
Sophomore West Spier placed first in the high jump with a leap of 6-03.
Senior Connor McCormick is the fifth Warrior who qualified for the section meet as a member of the winning 4 by 200 relay team.
Other Warriors who earned team points in the sub-section meet were:
• 200 meters- Pitts- fourth place (23.62).
• 400 meters- McCormick- sixth (57.00).
• 110 meter hurdles- Phillip Paulson- eighth place (20.81).
• 4 by 100 relay- (Shane Sheehan, Sean Kearney, Adam Buttell and Alex Goetzinger) sixth place (48.49).
* Long jump- Spier- fifth place (18-10.75).
• Shot put- Bryan Barthel- fifth place (42-01.25).
You can contact Charlie Warner at email@example.com