By Charlie Warner
The Caledonia/Spring Grove girls track team advanced participants in nine different events to the Section 1A track meet, as they placed third in the seven-team sub-section meet on May 24 in La Crescent.
Only the top three individuals or relay teams advance to the section meet, unless qualifying times or distances are met. The section meet was held May 29 and 31 at Paul Giel Field in Winona.
La Crescent won the girls title with 144 team points, followed by Chatfield- 129, C/SG- 113, Rushford-Peterson/Houston- 112.5, Winona Cotter- 105.5, Lanesboro/Fillmore Central- 47 and Kingsland- 37.
Hannah Russert advanced in three events. She placed first in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 16.41, placed second in the triple jump with a leap of 31-03.75 and third in the 300 meter hurdles with a time of 50.04.
Maria Fruechte advanced in two events. She placed first in the 100 meters with a time of 13.13. She placed second in the 200 meters with a time of 27.31.
Aly Folz advanced in two events. She placed second in the shot put with a throw of 32-10.75 and third in the discus throw with a distance of 95-10.
Defending state champion Emma Lange placed first in the high jump with a height of 5-04.
The ninth Warrior entrant in the section meet was the 4 by 800 meter relay team made up of Randi Mehus, Richelle Mehus, Michaela Neuzil and Brenna Werner, which placed second with a time of 10:20.33.
Other Warriors picking up team points were:
• 400 meters- Richelle Mehus- fourth place (1:04.83) and Lydia DeMorett- eighth place (1:08.17).
• 800 meters- Neuzil- fourth place (2:27.13) and Randi Mehus- eighth place (2:40.43).
• 3200 meters- Werner- fourth place (12:44.11).
• 4 by 100 relay- (Josie Wagner, Samantha Colleran, Alyssa Albert and Remi Sonsalla) fourth place (54.53).
• 4 by 200 meter relay- (Wagner, Albert, Colleran and Sonsalla) fifth place (1:54.54).
• 4 by 400 meter relay- (Russert, Neuzil, Randi Mehus and Richelle Mehus) fourth place (4:25.32).
• High jump- Alexis King- fourth place (4-06).
• Shot put- Trece Frank- seventh place (29-08.25).
You can contact Charlie Warner at email@example.com