The other side of the fence
To the Editor:
Wow; Julia Massman really let us Republicans have it. She certainly was misled by some do-good Democrat, an oxymoron if ever there was.
I feel the same way on my side of the fence. Some of her opinions are just not fact. I will take the high road here. I won’t call opponents “wacky” and I won’t slander other groups. They must do this to distract from the real problems of our country.
I have one question to ask Ms. Massman. Below is a small list of Obama campaign promises. How many has he kept?
• Ease income tax on seniors
• Close Guantanamo
• Give Americans five days to review non-emergency bills
• Double funding for after school programs
• Return earmarks to less than $7.8 billion/year
• Have negotiations on health care televised on C-Span
• Cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term
• Bring Democrats and Republicans together
• Help us become oil independent
• Create or save 3.5 million jobs
• New era of accountability
• Unshakable commitment to Israel
• Lobbyists “won’t work in my White House”
• Support for small business
• I’ll make oil companies pay a tax on windfall profits
If these promises had been kept more people would be saying, “yes we still can.”