Martell vs

Court File No. 28-CV-14-469
Martell, LLP,
Wm. E. Flynn a/k/a William E. Flynn and Wilma H. Flynn, Charles Rollins, Leota K. Rollins, Cyril f. Becker, William Murphy, Ann Murphy, James N. Hoscheit and Debra Hoscheit, Eitzen State Bank, George B. Griffith, Gary A. Meiners and Anna M. Meiners; and all successors and assigns; also the unknown heirs of the aforesaid persons, and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest, or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein, subject to any easements of record,
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response, called an Answer, within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Jed J. Hammell
110 East Main Street, P. O. Box 149
Caledonia, MN 55921-0149
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Houston County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
That part of the Southeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of Section 16, Township 102 North, Range 5 West, Houston County, Minnesota lying East of the Right of Way of Caledonia-Freeburg Road, EXCEPT all that part of the HOUSTON COUNTY RIGHT OF WAY PLAT NO. 19, according to the recorded plot thereof on file and of record in the office of the Count Recorder, Houston County, Minnesota. (Containing approximately 3.44 acres).
8. The object of this action is to determine that the Defendants have no right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate above described.
No personal claim is made against any of the Defendants in the action above entitled.
Dated this 13th day of June, 2014.
By: /s/ Jed J. Hammell
Jed J. Hammell (#0320043)
Attorney for Plaintiffs
110 East Main Street, P. O. Box 149
Caledonia, MN. 55921
(507) 725-3361
Published in the
The Caledonia Argus
June 18, 25, July 2, 2014

Comments Closed