NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE:
That an application has been made by Bob Koch of Koch Dairy, 20411 Camp Winnebago Road, Caledonia, MN 55921, for a Conditional Use Permit to expand a feedlot from 274 animal units (a.u.) to 482 a.u. (Section 14 – 0110.1403, Subdivision 3, Subsections 3). The facility will consist of the following confinement buildings:
1) A proposed 126 x 176 barn with 240 free stalls for heifers.
2) A proposed 180 x 70 loose housing barn to house 200 calves up to 500#.
3) An existing 100 x 65 barn with 90 free stalls for the dry cows.
4) An existing 60 x 45 barn with loose housing for special needs/calving for 30 cows.
5) An existing 100 x 30 barn with loose housing /pens for 50 calves.
6) An existing 82 x 40 barn with loose housing/pens for 30 calves.
7) 2 existing open lots of 200 x 10 and 120 x 100 with runoff controls.
8) 130 calf hutches.
all in Winnebago Township on the following premises, to-wit:
That part of the Southwest Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of Section 18 in Township 101 North, Range 5 West of the fifth principal meridian described as follows to wit: Commencing at the southwest corner of the Southwest Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of said Section 18, running thence North 72 rods, thence East 62 2/9 rods, thence South 72 rods, thence West 62 2/9 rods to place beginning and the North Half of the Northwest Quarter of the Southwest Quarter of Section 18. All of the above described lands being in Township 101 North, Range 5 West of the fifth principal meridian, Houston County, Minnesota.
Said applicant standing and making application is as fee owner of said described lands.
A hearing on this application will be held at the Historic Courthouse, Commissioners
Room, City of Caledonia, Minnesota, 55921 at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 24, 2014. All persons having an interest in the matter will be given the opportunity to be heard relative to the granting or denying of said application.
HOUSTON COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
By: Bob Scanlan
Published in the
The Caledonia Argus
July 9, 2014