STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF HOUSTON
THIRD JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Marilyn R. Flannery, a single person,
Dean Flannery and Hope Flannery,
husband and wife,
Patrick Moffett and Bridgett Moffett, his wife; John Welch and Margaret Welch, his wife; John Flannery and Jane Flannery, his wife; Johanna Hurley a/k/a Johannah Hurley a/k/a Johanna Davy and Michael Hurley, her husband; Mary Kelly and E. D. Kelly, her husband; Michael Scanlin a/k/a Michael Scanlan and Mary Scanlin a/k/a Mary Scanlan, his wife; Samuel Sherwood and Eliza Sherwood, his wife; Michael Nash and Elizabeth Nash, his wife; Johanna Kelly and Edmond Kellly, her husband; Ann Bogan a/k/a Anna Bogan; John V. Flannery and Agnes Flannery, his wife; George Flannery and Lena Flannery, his wife; Edmund Kelly and Mary Kelly, his wife; S.Y. Hyde and Chloe A. Hyde, his wife; Celia Jennings and Raymond Jennings, her husband; Sister M. Eggert formerly May Flannery; Edmund Flannery; William A. Flannery a/k/a William Ambrose Flannery and Helen Flannery a/k/a Helen M. Flannery, his wife; William A. Flannery; and all successors and assigns; also the unknown heirs of the aforesaid persons, and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest, or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein, subject to any easements of record,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE NAMED DEFENDANTS:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response, called an Answer, within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Timothy A. Murphy HAMMELL &
110 East Main Street, P. O. Box 149
Caledonia, MN 55921-0149
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Houston County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
The South 1/3 of the NE 1/4 of Section 20, Township 103 North of Range Four West of the Fifth Principal Meridian excepting a piece described as beginning at the SE corner of said NE 1/4 thence West twenty rods, thence northeasterly to a point twenty rods north of place of beginning, thence South to the place of beginning, also the E 1/2 of the W 1/2 of the SE 1/4 and the West three-fourths of the E 1/2 of the SE 1/4 all in Section twenty, Township 103 North of Range Four West of the Fifth Principal Meridian
8. The object of this action is to determine that the Defendants have no right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate above described.
NOTICE OF NO PERSONAL CLAIM
No personal claim is made against any of the Defendants in the action above entitled.
Dated this 7th day of July, 2014.
HAMMELL & MURPHY, P.L.L.P.
By: Timothy A. Murphy (#76594)
Attorney for Plaintiffs
110 East Main Street, P. O. Box 149
Caledonia, MN 55921
Published in the
The Caledonia Argus
July 23, 30, August 6, 2014