Community

A former custodian at Caledonia elementary school was sentenced Monday, November 24, after admitting he sexually assaulted two girls, one of them in the teachers’ lounge. Michael DeWayne Carmack, 42, of Caledonia, pled guilty in September to first-degree criminal sexual conduct and fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct in two separate cases. Sentencing was set for November […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Editor’s Note: This is the first in what will be a series of articles that The Argus will be publishing on “Why I chose Caledonia.” Look for future articles in the coming months.  Quentin and Glorie Ann Robley have lived in Caledonia for a little more than a year and they are loving their new […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Daniel E. McGonigle General Manager The Caledonia Argus La Crescent city attorney Skip Wieser came before the Houston county board with a request that the county annex a stretch of road right-of-way so that the city of La Crescent may annex two parcels of property at a homeowner’s request. The property has a failing […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

“Why I appreciate America’s Veterans” By Taryn Meyer America’s Veterans work very hard for our safety and freedom. They put their lives on the line every day. Being a Veteran takes a lot of courage. Some of my freedoms today are because of Veterans. Some of my relatives are Veterans, and I look up to […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow