Community

I had a birthday a month ago and I realize that I’m doing a lot of ‘looking back.’ One long ago memory is from the early 50s, when TV was pretty much unheard of, I had a little black and brown 45 record player that magically played songs or told stories. I remember Johnny Appleseed, [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Daniel E. McGonigle General Manager The Caledonia Argus Camp Winnebago just wrapped up another succesful summer of programming. The local gem serviced just over 200 campers during the summer season. The camp had 15 international counselors who descended upon Houston County to help provide services. From countries like the United Kingdom, Columbia, Australia, Croatia, [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Daniel E. McGonigle General Manager The Caledonia Argus A special election for a referendum for the Caledonia pool could not be held when officials originally wanted to per campaign rules. “You cannot have it within 56 days of a general election,” city administrator Ted Schoonover said. So the city administrator is working with county [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Daniel E. McGonigle General Manager The Caledonia Argus   Bob and Theresa Ratigan are this year’s Applefest Grand Marshalls. “They are long-time volunteers,” said Chad Ready who is with the Applefest committee. “They’ve previously served on the board of directors and have worked the parades for a number of years.” The Ratigans were a [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Daniel E. McGonigle General Manager The Caledonia Argus   For a number of years, the Applefest Committee has wanted a special brew just for the festival. However, the Minnesota brewers who were licensed to offer such a service only brewed in amounts way too large for what Applefest would need. “We’ve talked about it [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow