Community

Motorcycle accident On Saturday, October 11, at 2:11 p.m., Scott W. Hurner, age 42 of Mosinee, Wisconsin, lost control of his Harley Davidson motorcycle while driving north on Hwy 76 just north of Caledonia and went into a ditch, striking a culvert. Caledonia Fire and Spring Grove ambulance assisted on the scene. Hurner sustained non-life [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Daniel E. McGonigle General Manager The Caledonia Argus Minnesota Department of Agriculture assistant commissioner Charlie Poster, Minnesota state representative Jeremy Miller (R-Winona), school staff, local farmers and representatives of Blue Cross Blue Shield were given a tour of the Ridgeway Community School farm to school program. “The MDA is highlighting 2014 farm to school [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Craig Moorhead Quail Forever is partnering with a willing landowner in Houston County to purchase approximately 70 acres of land specifically for upland bird habitat. QF Minnesota coordinator Thurman Tucker told the Herald that the parcel, which is located in Jefferson Township, will be purchased by the organization’s national branch. “It’s kind of in [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

School Talk By Ben Barton, Superintendent The purpose of this week’s article is to inform you of the upcoming One Day Bond election that will be held on Tuesday, November 4th.  The One Day Bond is very unique!  We have the opportunity to go to the voters of this community for a One Day Bond [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Bonnie Willemssen         Special to the Argus Recently, my husband and I met with my daughter and her husband at a quirky restaurant in Minneapolis. We drove our brand spankin’ new car up to the Cities.  Our other vehicle is Jim’s tiny sporty car that I bend my body into a pretzel to [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow